Hello everyone! I am so glad to be able to report that the details for my Double Concert for Guitar, Violin, and Orchestra this October have finally been confirmed!
This is the Final Event I am putting together for my Advanced Diploma post-master’s course at the Royal Academy of Music, London.
The event will be an homage to the works of Niccolò Paganini and Leo Brouwer.
I have always felt a special connection with Paganini, on whose birthday I also happened to be born, and having studied for so many years with my Cuban professor Joaquín Clerch in Germany, I could not help but felt part of the Cuban school of guitar playing – and what better composer could one pick to honor that musical heritage, than Leo Brouwer, the most famous classical guitar composer worldwide, from Cuba?
The programme will consist of:
- Mario Castelnuovo-Tedesco (1895 – 1968): Capriccio Diabolico (Omaggio a Paganini)
- Rubens Askenar (1982 – ): Commission (Homage to Paganini)
- Leo Brouwer (1939 – ): Doble Concierto “Omaggio a Paganini
- —— intermission ——
- Leo Brouwer (1939 – ): Quintet
- Leo Brouwer (1939 – ): Concierto Elegiaco
Joining me will be:
- Laura Custódio, violin
- Victor Jacob, conductor
- Rubens Askenar, composer
- Orchestra: Students of the Royal Academy of Music
Details of the concert:
- 14th October 2016, 7:30 pm
- Duke’s Hall, Royal Academy of Music
- Marylebone Rd, London NW1 5HT